2 (15 oz) cans Glory Foods Fried Apples
1 cup fresh blueberries*
1/4 cup diced candied lemon* (optional)
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter; cubed small
3/4 cups half & half
Heavy cream for pouring (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the fried apples, brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Transfer mixture to a buttered cast iron skillet; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, powdered sugar and salt.
- Add the butter and (using a pastry cutter or your fingers) work the butter into the dough until the mixture becomes a crumbly, course meal. Add the half & half and mix until incorporated and a thick dough forms.
- Drop clumps of dough on the the apple/ blueberry mixture and bake for 60 minutes.
- Pour cream over individual bowls of cobbler, if desired
*Frozen blueberries can be used in place of fresh (do not defrost).
*Candied fruit can be found in the baking sole of most supermarkets.