1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons avocado oil
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
2 gloves garlic; minced
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 (15 oz) can Glory Foods Honey Carrots; drained
2 ripe avocados
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 cup heavy cream; warmed
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice; plus lemon zest
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add oil and when hot stir in onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add carrots and cook 2 minutes more. Stir in one can of chicken broth along with the salt & pepper; mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a power blender along with one (chunked) avocado and puree until smooth and velvety.
- Return to saucepan and over low heat, stir in the remaining can of chicken broth and cream.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and divide between warmed soup bowls.
- Slice remaining avocado into thin wedges to garnish soup and sprinkle with lemon zest