2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup chopped sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Maui)
1 teaspoon minced ginger
2 (15 oz) cans Glory Foods Honey Carrots; drained
3 cups vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
2 teaspoons almond liqueur (such as Amaretto)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Slivered almonds for garnish
Vegetable seasoning (such as Mrs. Dash)
Saltine crackers for serving; optional
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and ginger; sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning ginger.
- Stir in 1 cup on the broth and honey carrots; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a power blender; process until smooth. Return to saucepan and add remaining vegetable broth, one cup at a time. Simmer for 10 minutes then season with salt & pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond liqueur and lemon juice.
- Divide between 4 warmed soup bowls, sprinkle with vegetable seasoning and garnish with slivered almonds. Serve with saltine crackers, if desired.