1 large egg
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons dairy sour cream
1 smashed, ripe banana
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (14.5 oz) can Glory Foods Fried Apples
1/3 cup chopped Spanish peanuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8” x 5” loaf pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, brown sugar, oil, peanut butter, vanilla and sour cream.
- When thoroughly mixed, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix to combine, then add the apples.
- Top with chopped nuts and bake for one hour.
- Loosely tent bread with a sheet of tin foil the last 15 minutes of baking if the top starts to become too brown.
- Allow bread to rest in loaf pan for 10 minutes before inverting on a wire rack to completely cool.