1 tsp. Fresh jalapeño, minced
1/4 cup White onion, diced 1/4"
1/4 cup Red bell pepper, diced 1/4"
1/4 cup Green bell pepper, diced 1/4"
2 cups Vegetarian broth
2 cups Vegetable juice cocktail, low sodium
1 can Glory Foods® Sensibly Seasoned™ Red Beans
1 can Glory Foods® Sensibly Seasoned™ Tomatoes, Okra & Corn
1/4 tsp. Black pepper, ground
2 cups White Rice, cooked
FEATURED ON THE STEVE HARVEY MORNING SHOW
Place the jalapeño, onion and peppers in a 3 to 4 quart saucepan. Heat and start stirring. Add about 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Stir the vegetables occasionally until softened.
Add remaining vegetable broth, vegetable juice, Glory Foods® Sensibly Seasoned™ Tomatoes, Okra & Corn, Glory Foods® Sensibly Seasoned™ Red Beans and ground black pepper.
Heat gently until the gumbo comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with a heaping 1/4 cup of white rice in each bowl.
More Soups & Chili Ideas!
- Red Beans & Greens Soup with Corn Muffins
- Bean Green Chili
- Savory Ham & Vegetable Soup
- Creole Crawfish & Andouille Sausage Soup
- Glory Foods® Sensibly Seasoned™ Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Sensibly Seasoned 4 Bean Chili
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Chicken Noodle Soup
- Sensibly Seasoned - Southwestern Chicken Chili
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Hearty Vegetable Soup
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Cream of Chicken Soup
- Sensibly Seasoned Vegetarian Gumbo
- Sensibly Seasoned Vegetarian Black Bean Soup
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Chicken White Bean Chili
- Quick Bean and Ham Soup
- Fresh - Hearty Cabbage Soup
- Red Beans and Sausage Soup
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Basic Broth
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Onion Soup
- Onion Soup
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Basic Chicken Broth
- Sensibly Seasoned - Hearty Vegetable Soup
- Glory Fireside Soup
- Collard and Sausage Soup
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.