Pinto Bean & Pork Chili
- 2 slices thick bacon; diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tbs. chili seasoning
- 2 links (pre-cooked) pork sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (5.5 oz.) can spicy vegetable juice (such as V8®)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Pinto Beans
- 2 tbs. chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Fry bacon and onions in a large saucepan; drain excess fat.
- Stir in chili seasoning and sausage then add the chicken broth, vegetable juice and tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes then stir in Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Pinto Beans.
- Continue to cook (low heat) for an additional 15 minutes; remove from heat and stir in cilantro & lemon juice before serving.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.