Mr. Ed’s Brunswick Stew
- 1 (2.5-3 lb) fryer
- 1 tbs. vegetable or canola oil
- 8 cups water
- 1 lb. thick bacon (chopped)
- 1 1/4 lb. onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans sliced new potatoes, drained
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 (15 oz.) cans corn
- 3 (15 oz.) cans Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Tomatoes, Okra & Corn
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Glory Foods Seasoned Lima Beans
- 5 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1 tbs. liquid smoke
- 1 tbs. vinegar
- 1 tsp. old bay seasoning
- Glory Foods Hot Sauce to taste
- Brown chicken on all sides in 1 tbs. oil in a large Dutch oven or stockpot.
- Add 8 cups of water to the same stockpot, and boil chicken until the meat falls off bone.
- Remove chicken from the water, cool, and chop into small pieces. Reserve the chicken broth for later use.
- In a skillet, brown the bacon and remove from the pan. Add the onion, celery, and carrots to the bacon grease and sauté until soft.
- In a large saucepan, combine, the chicken, bacon mixture, along with all of the other ingredients, including 2 cups of the reserved chicken broth. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Season with Glory Foods Hot Sauce to taste.
*You can also add shrimp and andouille sausage.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.