Green Bean Soup
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke bottoms, drained and chopped
- 1 (27 oz.) can Glory Foods Green Beans, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup vegetable juice
- 1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, warmed
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts*
- freshly chopped parsley
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, and add onion and artichoke; saute over low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add Glory Foods Green Beans and chicken broth; simmer for 15 minutes; remove from heat. Process mixture (2 or 3 batches) in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and stir in vegetable and lemon juices; simmer an additional 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cream; season to taste with salt & pepper.
- To serve, divide between cups or soup bowls. Grate cheese over soup and sprinkle with pine nuts & parsley.
*To toast pine nuts, place in a small skillet and fry for a minute or two, stirring every 20 seconds or so. Pine nuts have a high fat content and burn easily, so watch them carefully.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.