Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Stew
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 package Fajita mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Skillet Corn
- 1 (16 oz.) jar mild cilantro salsa, or 2 (8 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or to taste
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbs. cilantro
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup rice, uncooked
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- flour tortilla shells
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and stir to break up chicken before serving.
- Top with cheddar cheese and sour cream, if desired. Or serve as a quesadilla by placing stew mixture in a flour tortilla shell with shredded cheese and sour cream.
Recipe by Pat from Cincinnati, OH
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.