Sweet Potato Biscuits
Serves: 12 biscuits
- 4-1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1 tsp. fine salt
- 3/4 cup solid shortening
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole
- extra flour for rolling out biscuit dough
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and shortening and process until mixture begins to look crumbly.
- Add the milk and Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole, and continue to mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a work surface that has been sprinkled with a small amount of flour. Roll out dough 2-1/2 inches thick and cut out 8 biscuits with a 3” cookie cutter (or use the rim of a drinking glass).
- Gather up dough and roll out once more to cut out 4 more biscuits.
- Transfer biscuits to prepared baking sheet and cover with a tea towel. Allow to rest for 15 minutes then place in oven to bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.