Southern Fried Rice with Bacon
- 3 slices bacon; diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup very finely chopped baby carrots
- 1 (2 oz.) jar pimentos; drained
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked (warm) white rice
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Blackeye Peas; drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Green Lima Beans; drained
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. salt-free vegetable seasoning
- 2 tbs. freshly chopped parsley
- Fry bacon in a large (high-sided) skillet until almost crisp.
- Add onion and carrot; cook for 6-7 minutes until soft.
- Stir in pimentos and garlic; cook an additional minute or two.
- Add rice and fry, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in Glory Foods Seasoned Blackeye Peas and Green Lima Beans, lemon zest and vegetable seasoning; cook 5-6 minutes more until peas and beans are warmed through.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh parsley.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.