Southwestern Bean Salad
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and diced 1/4"
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can Glory Foods Pinto Beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Butter Beans, drained
- 2 tbs. cilantro, washed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place the whole raw red bell pepper directly on the oven rack and cook until the the skin is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Carefully remove the pepper from the oven and place in a plastic bag and allow to cool. Once the pepper is cooled, remove the skin and discard the stem and seeds before dicing.
- Place drained cans of Glory Foods Pinto Beans and Butter Beans in a mixing bowl. Add cilantro and diced bell pepper.
- In a separate bowl combine oil, vinegar, sugar and cumin. Whisk together until thoroughly blended. Pour over the bean mixture and toss gently.
- Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate at least two hours.
- Serve with grilled meat, fish or poultry.
Note: Two 15 oz. cans of your favorite Glory Foods Beans may be substituted for this recipe.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.