1 ea. Red bell pepper, roasted and diced 1/4"
1 15.5 oz. can Glory Foods® Pinto Beans, drained
1 15 oz. can Glory Foods® Butter Beans, drained
2 Tbsp. Cilantro, washed and finely chopped
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
1/4 cup Cider vinegar
1 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Cumin
Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Place the whole raw red bell pepper directly on the oven rack and cook until the the skin is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Carefully remove the pepper from the oven and place in a plastic bag and allow to cool. Once the pepper is cooled, remove the skin and discard the stem and seeds.
Place both drained cans of Glory Foods® Beans in a mixing bowl. Add cilantro and diced bell pepper.
In a separate bowl combine oil, vinegar, sugar and cumin. Whisk together until thoroughly blended. Pour over the bean mixture and toss gently.
Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate at least two hours.
Serve with grilled meat, fish or poultry.
Note: Two 15 oz. cans of your favorite Glory Foods® Beans may be substituted for this recipe.
More Sides Ideas!
- Curried Green Beans with Peanuts and Coconut
- Skillet Corn Puddin'
- Broccoli Corn Bread
- Mixed Green Mesclun Salad with Black-Eyed Pea Vinaigrette
- Marinated Three-Bean Sensibly Seasoned Salad
- Glory Foods® Sweet and Tangy Bean Quartet
- Sweet Potato Cornbread Dressing
- Fried Apple Cornbread Muffins
- Fried Sweet Potato Pies
- Sweet Potato Pudding
- Stefanie’s Carrot Cake Muffins
- Curried Kale and Sweet Potatoes
- Southern-Style Baked Beans (Pinto and Lima Beans)
- Cabbage Casserole
- Hoppin' John
- Turkey, Beans and Rice Casserole
- Fresh - Smoked Turkey Greens
- String Bean and Tomato Salad
- South-Western Bean Salad
- Fresh - Scalloped Cabbage with Ham
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Chicken Smashed Potatoes
- Sensibly Seasoned - Refried Black Beans
- Maple Bacon Lima Beans
- Corn Cakes or Pancakes
- Sweet and Spicy Grit Cakes
- Skillet Corn Muffins
- Sensibly Seasoned - Black Bean Cakes
- Sweet Potato Corn Muffins
- Glorious Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sensibly Seasoned - Hoppin' John
- Seasoned Cooking Base - One Pot Creamy Noodles and Sauce
- Creamed Spinach
- Apple Cranberry Relish
- Butter Bean Summer Salad
- Corn Pudding
- Sensibly Seasoned - Summer Bean Salad
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Southern Cornbread Dressing
- Glory Foods Hot Water Cornbread
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Chicken and Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Fresh - Sweet Potato Stuffing
- Sensibly Seasoned – String Beans in Tomato Garlic Sauce
- Fresh - Scalloped Turnips and Ham
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Quick Summer Slaw
- Glory's Jalapeño Cornbread Sticks
- Field Peas & Snap Fritters
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.