Southern Cornbread Dressing
- 1 (7.5 oz.) box Glory Foods Cornbread Mix, prepared, cooled and crumbled
- 3 tbs. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup onion, diced 1/4" (1 small)
- 1/4 cup celery, diced 1/4" (2 stalks)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp. chicken seasoned cooking base
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning, ground
- cooking spray, as needed
- Prepare Glory Foods Cornbread Mix according to package directions. Cool and crumble into 1/4" pieces. Allow to dry at room temperature for up to 48 hours.
- Place the crumbles into a medium-sized bowl.
- Melt butter into a 12" wide nonstick skillet. Add onions and celery. Cook over medium heat until onions and celery are soft.
- Add water, chicken seasoned cooking base and poultry seasoning to the celery and onion mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Pour the boiling mixture over the cornbread crumbles. Toss until cornbread is evenly moistened.
- Coat an 8"x 8" baking dish with cooking spray. Pour cornbread dressing into the baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, or until heated through and brown on top.
*You may also dry the cornbread in the oven at 200°F for approximately 60 to 90 minutes or until dry.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.