1 7.5 oz. box Glory Foods® Cornbread Mix, prepared, crumbled and dried, OR your favorite cornbread mix
3 Tbsp. Butter or margarine
1/4 cup Onion, diced 1/4" (1 small)
1/4 cup Celery, diced 1/4" (2 stalks)
1 cup Water
2 tsp. Glory Foods® Chicken Seasoned Cooking Base
1/4 tsp. Poultry seasoning, ground
Cooking spray, as needed
Prepare cornbread according to package directions. Cool and crumble into 1/4" pieces. Allow to dry at room temperature for up to 48 hours. Place the crumbles into a medium-sized bowl. You may also dry the cornbread in the oven at 200 degrees for approximately 60 to 90 minutes or until dry.
Melt butter into a 12"-wide nonstick skillet. Add onions and celery. Cook over medium heat until onions and celery are soft.
Add water, Glory Foods® Chicken Seasoned Cooking Base and poultry seasoning to the celery and onion mixture. Bring to a boil.
Pour the boiling mixture over the cornbread crumbles. Toss until cornbread is evenly moistened.
Coat an 8"x 8" baking dish with cooking spray. Pour cornbread dressing into the baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until heated through and brown on top.
More Sides Ideas!
- Curried Green Beans with Peanuts and Coconut
- Skillet Corn Puddin'
- Broccoli Corn Bread
- Mixed Green Mesclun Salad with Black-Eyed Pea Vinaigrette
- Marinated Three-Bean Sensibly Seasoned Salad
- Glory Foods® Sweet and Tangy Bean Quartet
- Sweet Potato Cornbread Dressing
- Fried Apple Cornbread Muffins
- Fried Sweet Potato Pies
- Sweet Potato Pudding
- Stefanie’s Carrot Cake Muffins
- Curried Kale and Sweet Potatoes
- Southern-Style Baked Beans (Pinto and Lima Beans)
- Cabbage Casserole
- Hoppin' John
- Turkey, Beans and Rice Casserole
- Fresh - Smoked Turkey Greens
- String Bean and Tomato Salad
- South-Western Bean Salad
- Fresh - Scalloped Cabbage with Ham
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Chicken Smashed Potatoes
- Sensibly Seasoned - Refried Black Beans
- Maple Bacon Lima Beans
- Corn Cakes or Pancakes
- Sweet and Spicy Grit Cakes
- Skillet Corn Muffins
- Sensibly Seasoned - Black Bean Cakes
- Sweet Potato Corn Muffins
- Glorious Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sensibly Seasoned - Hoppin' John
- Seasoned Cooking Base - One Pot Creamy Noodles and Sauce
- Creamed Spinach
- Apple Cranberry Relish
- Butter Bean Summer Salad
- Corn Pudding
- Sensibly Seasoned - Summer Bean Salad
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Southern Cornbread Dressing
- Glory Foods Hot Water Cornbread
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Chicken and Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Fresh - Sweet Potato Stuffing
- Sensibly Seasoned – String Beans in Tomato Garlic Sauce
- Fresh - Scalloped Turnips and Ham
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Quick Summer Slaw
- Glory's Jalapeño Cornbread Sticks
- Field Peas & Snap Fritters
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.