1 16 oz. bag Glory Foods® Sweet Potatoes
1 cup Water
1 Tbsp. Butter
3/4 cup Onion, diced 1/4"
1/4 cup Celery, diced 1/4"
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
1 cup Granny Smith apples, peeled, diced 1/4"
1/4 cup Apple Cider
1/8 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg, ground
1/8 tsp. Cloves, ground
1 cup Breadcrumbs, plain
1/4 cup Apple Cider
2 Tbsp. Butter, melted, cooled
Place Glory Foods® Sweet Potatoes in to a two-quart round, microwave-proof glass, casserole dish.
Add 1 cup of water, cover and place in the microwave.
Cook on high for 8 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
Carefully remove the casserole dish from the microwave and drain all the water.
Add the 1 Tbsp. of butter, vegetables, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup apple cider. Cover and return to microwave to cook on high for 4 minutes.
Carefully remove the casserole dish from the microwave and add the remaining seasonings and apples. Gently stir to incorporate. Cover and return to microwave to cook on high for 4 minutes.
Carefully remove the casserole dish from the microwave and add the breadcrumbs and the remaining 1/4 cup of apple cider. Stir gently to combine, dot with 2 Tbls. of butter, cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
More Sides Ideas!
- Curried Green Beans with Peanuts and Coconut
- Skillet Corn Puddin'
- Broccoli Corn Bread
- Mixed Green Mesclun Salad with Black-Eyed Pea Vinaigrette
- Marinated Three-Bean Sensibly Seasoned Salad
- Glory Foods® Sweet and Tangy Bean Quartet
- Sweet Potato Cornbread Dressing
- Fried Apple Cornbread Muffins
- Fried Sweet Potato Pies
- Sweet Potato Pudding
- Stefanie’s Carrot Cake Muffins
- Curried Kale and Sweet Potatoes
- Southern-Style Baked Beans (Pinto and Lima Beans)
- Cabbage Casserole
- Hoppin' John
- Turkey, Beans and Rice Casserole
- Fresh - Smoked Turkey Greens
- String Bean and Tomato Salad
- South-Western Bean Salad
- Fresh - Scalloped Cabbage with Ham
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Chicken Smashed Potatoes
- Sensibly Seasoned - Refried Black Beans
- Maple Bacon Lima Beans
- Corn Cakes or Pancakes
- Sweet and Spicy Grit Cakes
- Skillet Corn Muffins
- Sensibly Seasoned - Black Bean Cakes
- Sweet Potato Corn Muffins
- Glorious Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sensibly Seasoned - Hoppin' John
- Seasoned Cooking Base - One Pot Creamy Noodles and Sauce
- Creamed Spinach
- Apple Cranberry Relish
- Butter Bean Summer Salad
- Corn Pudding
- Sensibly Seasoned - Summer Bean Salad
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Southern Cornbread Dressing
- Glory Foods Hot Water Cornbread
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Chicken and Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Fresh - Sweet Potato Stuffing
- Sensibly Seasoned – String Beans in Tomato Garlic Sauce
- Fresh - Scalloped Turnips and Ham
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Quick Summer Slaw
- Glory's Jalapeño Cornbread Sticks
- Field Peas & Snap Fritters
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.