1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
4 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 can (29 oz) Glory Foods® Sweet Potatoes, drained
1 Tbsp. bourbon (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine both sugars and water. Over moderately high heat, cook until sugar is completely melted and the mixture begins to boil, occasionally stirring.
- Add butter and vanilla, return to a boil.
- If using bourbon, remove the above mixture from heat and add the bourbon (BE CAREFUL, ALCOHOL IS FLAMMABLE). Quickly return to heat and allow the alcohol to burn off.
- Reduce heat and add drained Glory Foods® Sweet Potatoes, gently turning to coat evenly. Allow to simmer slowly for 5 to 10 minutes, occasionally turning.
- Remove from heat and serve.
More Sides Ideas!
- Zesty Green Beans
- Skillet Corn Puddin'
- Mixed Green Mesclun Salad with Black-Eyed Pea Vinaigrette
- Glory Foods® Sweet and Tangy Bean Quartet
- Southwestern Style Bruschetta
- Cabbage Casserole
- Sensibly Seasoned - Summer Bean Salad
- Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
- Sensibly Seasoned - Hoppin' John
- Seasoned Cooking Base - One Pot Creamy Noodles and Sauce
- Hoppin' John
- South-Western Bean Salad
- Glorious Oyster Dressing
- Turnip Greens with Potatoes and Mushrooms
- Turkey, Beans and Rice Casserole
- Quick Summer Slaw
- Green Beans in Tomato Garlic Sauce
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Southern Cornbread Dressing
- Glorious Sweet Potato Casserole
- Corn Pudding
- Chicken Smashed Potatoes
- Chicken and Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Maple Bacon Lima Beans
- Creamed Spinach
- Apple Cranberry Relish
- Southern-Style Baked Beans (Pinto and Lima Beans)
- Curried Kale and Sweet Potatoes
- Sensibly Seasoned - Black Bean Cakes
- Green Beans and Potatoes with Tomato Garlic Sauce
- Fresh - Smoked Turkey Greens
- Fresh - Sweet Potato Stuffing
- Sensibly Seasoned - Turnip Greens with Potatoes and Mushrooms
- Sensibly Seasoned – Green Beans in Tomato Garlic Sauce
- Field Peas & Snap Fritters
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.