1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
4 Tbs. butter or margarine
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 can (29 oz) Glory Foods® Sweet Potatoes, drained
1 Tbs. bourbon (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine both sugars and water. Over moderately high heat, cook until sugar is completely melted and the mixture begins to boil, occasionally stirring.
- Add butter and vanilla, return to a boil.
- If using bourbon, remove the above mixture from heat and add the bourbon (BE CAREFUL, ALCOHOL IS FLAMMABLE). Quickly return to heat and allow the alcohol to burn off.
- Reduce heat and add drained Glory Foods® Sweet Potatoes, gently turning to coat evenly. Allow to simmer slowly for 5 to 10 minutes, occasionally turning.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Products used in this recipe
More Sides Ideas!
- Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
- Butter Bean Summer Salad
- Candied Yam and Apple Casserole
- Chicken and Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Collard Medley Saute
- Corn Pudding
- Creamed Spinach
- Curried Kale and Sweet Potatoes
- Escalloped Turnip Greens, Diced Turnips and Cabbage
- Field Peas & Snap Fritters
- Fresh - Smoked Turkey Greens
- Fresh - Sweet Potato Stuffing
- Glorious Oyster Dressing
- Glorious Sweet Potato Casserole
- Green Beans and Potatoes with Tomato Garlic Sauce
- Green Beans in Tomato Garlic Sauce
- Greens and Hoppin' John
- Herbed Green Bean Casserole
- Hoppin' John
- Maple Bacon Lima Beans
- Quick Savory Slaw
- Skillet Corn Casserole
- Southern Baked Beans (Pinto and Lima Beans)
- Southern Cornbread Dressing
- Sweet and Tangy Bean Quartet
- Turnip Greens with Potatoes and Mushrooms
- Zesty Green Beans
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.