1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
4 Tbs. butter or margarine
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 can (29 oz) Glory Foods® Sweet Potatoes, drained
1 Tbs. bourbon (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine both sugars and water. Over moderately high heat, cook until sugar is completely melted and the mixture begins to boil, occasionally stirring.
- Add butter and vanilla, return to a boil.
- If using bourbon, remove the above mixture from heat and add the bourbon (BE CAREFUL, ALCOHOL IS FLAMMABLE). Quickly return to heat and allow the alcohol to burn off.
- Reduce heat and add drained Glory Foods® Sweet Potatoes, gently turning to coat evenly. Allow to simmer slowly for 5 to 10 minutes, occasionally turning.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes