Red, White & Blue Taco Salad
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2/3 lb. ground beef
- 1 (1.25 oz.) packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 (5.5 oz.) can vegetable or tomato juice
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Red Beans (do not drain)
- 1 cup (from a 15 oz. can) black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 red jalapeno, sliced into circles
- 1 (10 oz.) bag Glory Foods Power Essence: Kale, Spinach & Chard or greens of your choice
- blue corn tortilla chips for serving
- Optional: 2-3 slices white cheese if you wish to cut out stars for decoration
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add diced onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant then add the beef. Continue cooking, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon, until browned.
- Stir in the chili mix, vegetable juice and tomatoes; simmer for 15 minutes then add the Glory Foods Seasoned Red Beans and black beans. Continue to simmer on low heat for another 30 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Transfer Glory Foods Power Essence: Kale, Spinach & Chard to a large serving bowl and spoon chili on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese, scatter with jalapeño circles and serve with blue corn chips.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.