Southern Bubble & Squeak for Two
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Country Cabbage; drained well
- 1 (2 oz.) envelope instant mashed potatoes
- 2 tbs. thick cream
- 1 tsp. salted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry onion 2 minutes. Stir in Glory Foods Country Cabbage and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Transfer cabbage mixture to two 1 cup ramekins or mini casserole dishes.
- Microwave instant potatoes according to package directions. Stir in cream and butter, the spoon potatoes onto the cabbage mixture.
- Sprinkle mashed potatoes with the cheese, and bake for 20-22 minutes.
Prep time: 8 minutes
Bake time: 22 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.