Skillet Corn Tart
Serves: 6 slices
- 1 frozen pie shell; defrosted
- 3 whole eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cube (about 1/2 lb.) farmers cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. mixed dried herbs
- 1 tsp. cracked pepper
- 1 (2 oz.) jar pimentos; drained well
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Skillet Corn; drained well
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Pre-bake pie shell for 6-7 minutes until bottom of shell starts to turn a light golden brown; remove from oven and turn down heat to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, farmers cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, cream, herbs and pepper. When mixed thoroughly, stir in pimentos and Glory Foods Skillet Corn.
- Transfer corn mixture to prepared pie shell and place back in oven.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until center is set (if crust starts to get too dark, cover with tin foil).
- Cool for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with a crisp, green salad.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.