Red Beans & Rice Stuffed Peppers
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned New Orleans Style Red Beans & Rice
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Halve peppers lengthwise and scoop out seeds. To ensure peppers stay upright, slice a small piece (being careful to not cut into meat of pepper) from the bottom of each half.
- Empty the can of Glory Foods Seasoned New Orleans Style Red Beans & Rice into a bowl then add the parsley, egg yolk and lemon zest. Divide mixture between the 4 halves and transfer to a baking dish just large enough to hold peppers.
- Cover peppers tightly with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, uncover and scatter with the cheese; bake an additional 10 minutes to melt cheese.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes over the peppers before serving.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.