Mock Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1 small head crisp iceberg lettuce; chopped
- 1/2 bunch radishes; sliced
- 1 cup fresh pea pods; halved
- 2 green onions; sliced into circles
- 1 small yellow or red bell pepper; seeded and diced
- 1 (7 oz.) can Mandarin oranges; drained
- 1 (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts; drained
- 1-1/2 cups mock chicken cubes
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans; drained
- 1 (6 oz.) bottle Chinese chicken salad dressing
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 oz. bean thread noodles
- Place the lettuce, radishes, pea pods, green onions, bell pepper, oranges, water chestnuts, mock chicken cubes and Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans in a large bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a high-sided skillet and very carefully pop bean thread noodles in hot oil for 30 seconds using tongs with a long handle (they will puff up quickly) and drain on paper towel.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well to combine. Place bean threads over salad and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.