Mock BLT Sandwiches with Butter Bean Spread
Serves: 2 sandwiches
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans; drained
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove; crushed
- 8 strips vegan smoked “bacon” strips
- 4 slices cranberry-walnut bread (or bread of your choice)
- 2 crisp lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- To make spread, place Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans, parsley, mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic clove in a blender; process until smooth.
- Cook vegan “bacon” according to box directions.
- Toast bread then spread 2 slices with a generous amount of butter bean green spread. Top with lettuce and tomato and second slice of bread.
*You will have left-over spread; stop in an air tight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.