Kale and Corn Chowder
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 3/4 cup onion; chopped
- 1 vegetable boullion cube*
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 (15 oz) cans Glory Foods Skillet Corn
- 1 (32 oz) box vegetable broth
- 1 (10 oz) bag Glory Foods Organic Kale Greens
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- corn bread for serving
- Melt butter and heat corn oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Dissolved bullion cube in 1/4 cup hot water and add to onions along with white pepper, skillet corn, broth and kale greens.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes until soup is hot and kale has wilted.
- Stir in cream and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Divide between 4 warmed soup bowls and serve with hot cornbread.
*We like Knorr bullion cubes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Recipe by: Michaela Rosenthal
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.