Fresh Greens over Cornbread
- 1 (7.5 oz.) box Glory Foods Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 (2 oz.) jar pimentos; drained well
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 rib celery, sliced thin
- 1/2 small onion; sliced into half moons
- 1 (16 oz.) bag Glory Foods Fresh Collard, Kale, Mustard, Turnip or Mixed Greens
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vegetable seasoning (or salt & pepper)
- imitation bacon bits; optional
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 6” round cake tin (pan); chill for 5 minutes.
- Make Glory Foods Corn Muffin Mix according to box directions; adding pimentos, then transfer to prepared cake tin. Tap on counter to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 30 minutes then turn out on a wire rack.
- Heat oil in a large (high sided) skillet to medium. Sauté celery and onion for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Glory Foods Fresh Greens and continue to cook for another 5 minutes until the greens have wilted.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and seasoning.
- Cut cornbread round into 4 equal pieces and place each on a plate. Divide greens and heap over corn bread. Sprinkle with bacon bits, if desired.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.