Double Bean Soup
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) petite chopped tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 (16 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup vegetable juice
- 1/2 cup salsa Verde
- 2 tbs. lime juice
- sour cream (optional)
- freshly grated lime zest (optional)
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in until tender.
- Stir in cumin, red pepper, Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, broth, vegetable juice and salsa Verde. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Ladle into 4 warmed soup bowls. Garnish with sour cream and grated lime zest, if desired.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.