Corkscrew Pasta with Sweet Potato Casserole Sauce & Soy Sausage
- 1 pound corkscrew pasta
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. plus 1 tsp. butter (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic; crushed
- 2 tsp. minced green pepper
- 2 tsp. pimentos
- 1/2 cup Velveeta cheese; cubed
- 1/2 cup Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup warmed cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (12 oz.) package soy sausage
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt free seasoning
- Boil pasta according to box directions; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil and 1 tbs. butter. Add garlic and green pepper; sauté for 3 minutes then stir in pimentos and Velveeta.
- When cheese has melted, add the Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole and tomato sauce; simmer for 5 minutes then stir in warmed cream.
- Remove cheese sauce from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over pasta and mix well to coat corkscrews; transfer to a serving dish.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a small skillet and fry soy sausage until warmed and the sausage starts to brown.
- Once browned, slice sausage into circles and arrange over pasta. Sprinkle dish with Parmesan cheese and salt free seasoning.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.