Cheesy Red Beans & Rice Omelet
- 1 tbs. butter
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tbs. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup (from a 15 oz. can) Glory Foods Seasoned Red Beans & Rice
- 1/4 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs. tomato sauce or salsa (heated)
- Melt butter (medium heat) in an omelet pan or 8” heavy skillet.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, thyme, mustard and zest. Pour into heated skillet and turn to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Slightly heat the Glory Foods Seasoned Red Beans & Rice, and spoon onto the partially cooked eggs followed by the cheese.
- Fold omelet in half, lower heat and flip to cook a minute or two more.
- Spoon with tomato sauce or salsa, and scatter with more thyme.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.