Black Bean Sandwich with Butter Bean Spread
Serves: 4 sandwiches
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 (4 ct.) box frozen black bean patties
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans; drained
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbs. fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon style mustard
- 1 (6 oz.) jar roasted red peppers; patted dry
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 crisp lettuce leaves
- 8 slices fresh whole grain bread
- Heat oil in a large skillet and pan fry patties according to box directions.
- To make spread, place Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans, mayonnaise, orange juice and mustard in a power blender and process until smooth; stopping once to scrape down sides of blender.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread all slices of bread with butter bean mixture. Stack the bean patties, red peppers, cheese and lettuce onto 4 slices of bread then top with remains bread slices.
Prep/cook time: 10 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.