Avocado and Butter Bean Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 pound dry Cavatappi pasta or elbow macaroni
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe avocado; cubed
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans; drained
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles; drained well
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup imitation bacon bits; optional
- Boil pasta according to package directions; drain well and return to pot (keep warm over a low flame).
- Stir in butter and cheese; mix well until cheese has melted.
- Place Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans, avocado and green chiles in a power blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Add butter bean mixture and white pepper to pasta and keep on low heat for an additional 5 minutes until hot. Before serving, sprinkle with imitation bacon bits if using.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.