6-7 lb. Turkey breast, bone-in
2 ea. Egg whites
1/4 cup Heavy cream
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1 15 oz. can Glory Foods® Black Beans and Rice, drained
Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Remove skin from the turkey breast and discard. Debone each side of the breast and trim and discard any fat. Remove and clean each tenderloin, cut into 1/2” chunks and refrigerate. Trim any remaining usable meat from the breastbone and refrigerate.
Lay both halves of the prepared breast skin side down on a cutting board and make a shallow cut (about 1/2") along the thickest part of each half of the breast (about 2 to 3") to slightly butterfly the meat, making a uniform thickness across.
Place a piece of plastic wrap over one of the halves and carefully pound with a meat mallet to spread the meat to a 10” x 8” rectangle. Trim any of the pounded meat to ensure the rectangle shape. Refrigerate these trimmings and repeat this process for the other half of the breast. Refrigerate the pounded breast.
To make the filling, place all the trimmed meat and cut tenderloin into a food processor. Add egg whites and heavy cream and process until smooth. Transfer the turkey mixture into a bowl. Fold in the cheese and black beans and rice to make your filling.
Remove the pounded breast from the refrigerator and evenly portion and spread the filling over each half, leaving about a 3/4" border. Starting at the narrow end, roll each breast tightly. Spray two large pieces of foil with nonstick cooking spray. Tightly wrap each roll with the foil, twisting the ends to ensure a uniform roll.
Place the turkley rolls in the oven and roast to an internal temperature of 150 degrees. Carefully remove from the oven and remove the foil. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees and return to the oven. Once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees and they are slightly brown, remove from the oven.
Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting.
More Entrees Ideas!
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos
- Glorified Shrimp Creole
- Country Tortilla Casserole
- Apple Stuffed Pork Loin
- Veggie Dinner on Brown Rice Pilaf
- Black-Eyed Peas and Gumbo
- Glory Foods® Skillet Corn Casserole
- Jerk Salmon with Rice and Beans
- Black-Eyed Peas Grilled Burger Shooters
- Glory Foods® Sweet Potato Crab Gratin
- Glory Foods® Smoked Chicken Black-Eyed Pea Cakes
- Green & Sausage Cheese Bake
- Spicy Sweet Chicken Wings
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Oriental Chicken Broth with Asian Noodles
- Smothered Chicken
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Brine for Grilling or Roasting Poultry
- Sensibly Seasoned Red Bean Frittata
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Beef Stroganoff
- Glorified Veggie Chili
- Bean and Chicken Casserole
- Sensibly Seasoned Tomato Okra Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Sensibly Seasoned - Red Beans and Rice with Turkey Sausage
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Smothered Pork Chops
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Quick Chicken and Noodles
- Great Northern Bean and Sausage Casserole
- Butter Beans and Cream with Country Ham
- Mostaccioli with Smoked Sausage and Turnip Greens
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Chicken Smoked Sausage Casserole
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Smothered Chicken Breast
- Stuffed Turkey Breast Roulade
- Southern Chicken Florentine
- Red Beans and Rice with Smoked Turkey Sausage
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Glorified Burgers
- Blackeye Pea Cake
- Baby Back Ribs with Hot Sauce Glaze
- Stuffed Flank Steak
- Shepherd's Pie
- Sensibly Seasoned Refried Black Bean Quesadillas
- Mustard Greens with Fettuccine
- Vidalia Onion and Garlic Pizza
- Butter Beans and Bowtie Pasta
- Red Bean Frittata
- Quiche with Turkey Flavored Collard Greens
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.