Spicy Spoon Bread
- 1 smoked sausage diced
- 1 (7.5 oz.) box Glory Foods Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbs. Creole seasoning
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Skillet Corn
- 1 (27 oz.) can Glory Foods Kale Greens
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp. cornmeal
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 325°F.
- Place the smoked sausage in a skillet and cook until it begins to brown; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.
- Spray a 9" x 13" shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and dust with cornmeal.
- Add milk to the skillet and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the sugar and Creole seasoning. Lower heat and simmer, whisking about 3 minutes.
- Stir in Glory Foods Skillet Corn, scallions, sausage and Glory Foods Kale Greens; remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, mix Glory Foods Corn Muffin Mix and eggs; add the corn and greens mixture and blend.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish; bake until golden brown (about 50 minutes).
- Serve warm.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.