8 cups Instant mashed potatoes, cooked
1 lb. Ground beef, lean
2 cups White onion, medium size, diced 1/4"
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Black pepper
1 27 oz. can Glory Foods® Collard Greens, drained
Nonstick cooking spray, as needed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place ground beef in a skillet and brown half way. Add onion and continue to brown the beef. Drain the excess fat. Add seasonings and finish cooking until onions are soft and translucent. Remove from heat and reserve.
Prepare a glass casserole dish (8 x 11 1/2 x 2) with nonstick cooking spray. Be sure to lightly coat the entire interior of the casserole dish with cooking spray.
Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with 1/3 of the prepared mashed potatoes.
Cover the mashed potatoes with the entire amount of reserved ground beef and onion mixture.
Layer the ground beef mixture with the thoroughly drained Glory Foods® Collard Greens.
Cover the Glory Foods® Collard Greens with remaining mashed potatoes and either smooth or form peaks for browning.
Bake in oven until edges or peaks are slightly brown, about 45 minutes to an hour.
Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
More Entrees Ideas!
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos
- Glorified Shrimp Creole
- Country Tortilla Casserole
- Apple Stuffed Pork Loin
- Veggie Dinner on Brown Rice Pilaf
- Black-Eyed Peas and Gumbo
- Glory Foods® Skillet Corn Casserole
- Jerk Salmon with Rice and Beans
- Black-Eyed Peas Grilled Burger Shooters
- Glory Foods® Sweet Potato Crab Gratin
- Glory Foods® Smoked Chicken Black-Eyed Pea Cakes
- Green & Sausage Cheese Bake
- Spicy Sweet Chicken Wings
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Oriental Chicken Broth with Asian Noodles
- Smothered Chicken
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Brine for Grilling or Roasting Poultry
- Sensibly Seasoned Red Bean Frittata
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Beef Stroganoff
- Glorified Veggie Chili
- Bean and Chicken Casserole
- Sensibly Seasoned Tomato Okra Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Sensibly Seasoned - Red Beans and Rice with Turkey Sausage
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Smothered Pork Chops
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Quick Chicken and Noodles
- Great Northern Bean and Sausage Casserole
- Butter Beans and Cream with Country Ham
- Mostaccioli with Smoked Sausage and Turnip Greens
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Chicken Smoked Sausage Casserole
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Smothered Chicken Breast
- Stuffed Turkey Breast Roulade
- Southern Chicken Florentine
- Red Beans and Rice with Smoked Turkey Sausage
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Glorified Burgers
- Blackeye Pea Cake
- Baby Back Ribs with Hot Sauce Glaze
- Stuffed Flank Steak
- Shepherd's Pie
- Sensibly Seasoned Refried Black Bean Quesadillas
- Mustard Greens with Fettuccine
- Vidalia Onion and Garlic Pizza
- Butter Beans and Bowtie Pasta
- Red Bean Frittata
- Quiche with Turkey Flavored Collard Greens
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.