6 ea. Savoy cabbage leaves with rib, preboiled until limp, cooled and dried
2 cups rice, cooked and cooled
1/2 cup onion, diced 1/4”, cooked and cooled
1 tsp. garlic, minced, cooked, cooled
1 can (15.25 oz) Glory Foods® Sensibly Seasoned™ Tomatoes and Okra, drained with liquid reserved
1 cup cheddar cheese. shredded
1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
1 cup vegetable juice, low sodium
1 cup vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place rice, onions, garlic, Glory Foods® Sensibly Seasoned Tomatoes and Okra, Cheddar cheese and black pepper in a bowl and blend thoroughly.
- Lay the prepared cabbage leaves on a flat surface. Place one cup of prepared filling on the lower center of the leaf near the base of the rib. Fold sides over the filling and roll the stem end over the sides, enclosing the filling.
- Fill the remaining five leaves and place them seam side down in an 8” x 11 1/2” baking dish.
- Mix the reserved liquid from Glory Foods® Sensibly Seasoned Tomatoes and Okra and low sodium vegetable juice. Pour over the cabbage rolls.
- Cover the cabbage rolls with foil and place in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve a hot spooning of baking liquid over each cabbage roll.
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.