1 gal. Water (16 cups)
10 Tbsp. Glory Foods® Chicken Seasoned Cooking Base
1 ea. Whole roasting chicken (about 3 1/2 to 4 lb.) OR 3 lb. Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless OR 3 lb. Turkey breast or turkey tenderloin
TRY BRINING! Brining is growing as a preparation technique, which adds moisture and flavor to products to be roasted or grilled.
Measure the cooking base and water into a 6-quart pot. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
Put your choice of poultry into a freezer bag and cover with cooled brine. Close the bag and refrigerate according to the times below. Any unused brine may be refrigerated and used later.
Brine requires time to work. Please follow the guidelines below:
Whole chicken – 6 to 8 hours
Chicken breasts – 3 to 4 hours
Turkey breast or tenderloin – 3 to 4 hours
After the required time, remove poultry from brine and allow to drain.
Cook following your normal recipe.
Use Glory Foods® Vegetable or Beef Seasoned Cooking Base for your favorite pork or beef products.
More Entrees Ideas!
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos
- Glorified Shrimp Creole
- Country Tortilla Casserole
- Apple Stuffed Pork Loin
- Veggie Dinner on Brown Rice Pilaf
- Black-Eyed Peas and Gumbo
- Glory Foods® Skillet Corn Casserole
- Jerk Salmon with Rice and Beans
- Black-Eyed Peas Grilled Burger Shooters
- Glory Foods® Sweet Potato Crab Gratin
- Glory Foods® Smoked Chicken Black-Eyed Pea Cakes
- Green & Sausage Cheese Bake
- Spicy Sweet Chicken Wings
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Oriental Chicken Broth with Asian Noodles
- Smothered Chicken
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Brine for Grilling or Roasting Poultry
- Sensibly Seasoned Red Bean Frittata
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Beef Stroganoff
- Glorified Veggie Chili
- Bean and Chicken Casserole
- Sensibly Seasoned Tomato Okra Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Sensibly Seasoned - Red Beans and Rice with Turkey Sausage
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Smothered Pork Chops
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Quick Chicken and Noodles
- Great Northern Bean and Sausage Casserole
- Butter Beans and Cream with Country Ham
- Mostaccioli with Smoked Sausage and Turnip Greens
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Chicken Smoked Sausage Casserole
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Smothered Chicken Breast
- Stuffed Turkey Breast Roulade
- Southern Chicken Florentine
- Red Beans and Rice with Smoked Turkey Sausage
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Glorified Burgers
- Blackeye Pea Cake
- Baby Back Ribs with Hot Sauce Glaze
- Stuffed Flank Steak
- Shepherd's Pie
- Sensibly Seasoned Refried Black Bean Quesadillas
- Mustard Greens with Fettuccine
- Vidalia Onion and Garlic Pizza
- Butter Beans and Bowtie Pasta
- Red Bean Frittata
- Quiche with Turkey Flavored Collard Greens
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.