Sweet Potato Crab Gratin
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, shell free
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 cups cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbs. Chinese five spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream until almost stiff. Turn the mixer to low and add the yolks and continue to mix until well blended.
- Heat the Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole in a medium saucepan and season with the Chinese five spice.
- Spoon the sweet potato casserole mixture into a 10x10 glass pyrex dish and place it in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, heat the crabmeat and remaining butter in a small sauté pan. Once it is hot, pull the glass dish from the oven and immediately turn the oven to 500°F with the broiler on.
- Spoon the warm crabmeat evenly on top of the sweet potatoes mixture and then top evenly with the egg yolk mixture and place back into the oven. Bake for 3-4 more minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Recipe by Executive Chef James Clark
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.