Glorified Shrimp Creole
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. Cajun seasoning
- 3 (15 oz.) cans Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Tomatoes & Okra
- 1 (12 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp
- 3 cups whole grain brown rice, cooked according to package instructions
- 3 dashes Glory Foods Hot Sauce
- Combine the extra virgin olive oil, butter, onions and garlic into a deep saucepan on medium heat. Cook until onions and garlic are tender.
- Add Cajun seasoning, tomato paste and 2 cans of water using the tomato paste can.
- Add Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Tomatoes & Okra and simmer for 10 minutes. Add shrimp and continue to cook for 4 minutes.
- Serve the Glorified Shrimp Creole over brown rice. Add Glory Foods Hot Sauce to taste.
Recipe by Reggie Littleton of Family Secrets Restaurant, Richmond, VA
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.