Fruit-Stuffed Pork Chops
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing (dressing) mix
- 1/2 cup hot chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Fried Apples; drained (reserve syrup)
- 1/3 cup canned or fresh cherries; pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 4 tbs. olive oil
- 4 (2” thick) pork loin chops (with pocket)*
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and saute onion for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add stuffing and broth; stir until liquid is absorbed. Stir in half of Glory Foods Fried Apples, cherries, raisins and almonds. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Transfer stuffing mixture to a large bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper the chops on both sides and stuff with dressing mixture.
- Wipe out skillet and add oil; when hot, sear chops on both sides. Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, smash remaining apples with the reserved syrup and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- After chops have baked for 15 minutes, spoon apple syrup mixture over the chops and continue to bake an additional 15 minutes.
*Your butcher will cut a pocket in your pork chops for you if asked.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.