Creamy Salsa Bean & Rice Bake
- 2 tbs. shortening
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned New Orleans Style Red Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup creamed cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- optional garnish: green pepper slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the shortening in a medium skillet. Sauté onion and rice until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in Glory Foods Seasoned New Orleans Style Red Beans, salsa, water, cottage cheese and chili powder. Spoon into prepared casserole dish; cover with tight fitting lid or foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese. Garnish with green pepper slices.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.