Butter Bean & Bacon Quiche
- Pre-made (single crust) unbaked pie shell
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, diced
- 4 large eggs, beaten well
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans; drained well
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place pie shell in a pie tin and crimp edges; cover edges with a rimming of tin foil. Fork a few holes into the bottom and along the side of the dough; bake 10 minutes.
- Fry bacon until almost crisp; remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Remove eggs, milk and cream from refrigerator for 15 minutes before using. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the eggs, milk and cream. Add the onion, cheeses, white pepper and nutmeg. When incorporated, stir in the Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans.
- After pie shell has basked, carefully slide oven rack out half way, remove tin foil and fill pie shell with filling. Turn oven down to 350°F and bake 50-55 minutes until filling has set (if top of quiche darkens too soon, cover loosely with a piece of tin foil).
- Allow to stand in oven for 5 minutes after turning off; cool an additional 15 minutes before cutting into 6 wedges.
*If making a deep dish pie, add an extra egg, 1/4 cup more cream and another 1/3 cup cheese of your choice.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.