2 cans Glory Foods® Blackeye Peas
1 red onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
1 jalapeño pepper, diced
1 cup (4 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/3 cup canola
Featured on the Steve Harvey Morning Show
Drain the peas and divide in half.
Mix half the peas in a large bowl with the onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, Parmesan, eggs, flour, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, parsley and 1 cup of the bread crumbs.
Mash until well blended.
Fold in the reserved peas and mix thoroughly. Scoop out about 1/2 cup of the mixture and form into 3-inch cakes 1/2 inch thick.
Repeat to make 8 or 10 cakes.
Dip each cake into the remaining bread crumbs to coat both sides.
Heat half the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook 4 to 6 of the cakes at a time (do not crowd the skillet), uncovered, 4 to 5 minutes per side or until light golden brown and crispy on the outside. If the cakes are browning too quickly, reduce heat slightly.
Drain on paper towels.
Place on a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while the remaining cakes are cooking.
Serve immediately with pepper jack cheese, red onion, lettuce and tomato on a whole wheat bun or grain bread with spicy mustard or remoulade.
More Entrees Ideas!
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos
- Glorified Shrimp Creole
- Country Tortilla Casserole
- Apple Stuffed Pork Loin
- Veggie Dinner on Brown Rice Pilaf
- Black-Eyed Peas and Gumbo
- Glory Foods® Skillet Corn Casserole
- Jerk Salmon with Rice and Beans
- Black-Eyed Peas Grilled Burger Shooters
- Glory Foods® Sweet Potato Crab Gratin
- Glory Foods® Smoked Chicken Black-Eyed Pea Cakes
- Green & Sausage Cheese Bake
- Spicy Sweet Chicken Wings
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Oriental Chicken Broth with Asian Noodles
- Smothered Chicken
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Brine for Grilling or Roasting Poultry
- Sensibly Seasoned Red Bean Frittata
- Glorified Veggie Chili
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Beef Stroganoff
- Bean and Chicken Casserole
- Sensibly Seasoned Tomato Okra Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Sensibly Seasoned - Red Beans and Rice with Turkey Sausage
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Smothered Pork Chops
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Quick Chicken and Noodles
- Great Northern Bean and Sausage Casserole
- Butter Beans and Cream with Country Ham
- Mostaccioli with Smoked Sausage and Turnip Greens
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Chicken Smoked Sausage Casserole
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Smothered Chicken Breast
- Stuffed Turkey Breast Roulade
- Southern Chicken Florentine
- Red Beans and Rice with Smoked Turkey Sausage
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Glorified Burgers
- Blackeye Pea Cake
- Baby Back Ribs with Hot Sauce Glaze
- Stuffed Flank Steak
- Shepherd's Pie
- Sensibly Seasoned Refried Black Bean Quesadillas
- Mustard Greens with Fettuccine
- Vidalia Onion and Garlic Pizza
- Butter Beans and Bowtie Pasta
- Red Bean Frittata
- Quiche with Turkey Flavored Collard Greens
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.