Beef Tenderloin Sandwich with Butter Bean Spread
- 1 (3 lb.) beef tenderloin roast
- 2 tsp. steak seasoning
- 6 fresh Grinder or Kaiser rolls (or rolls of your choice); split
- 6 tbs. thick barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups Glory Foods Fresh Bagged Mixed Greens (optional)
Butter bean spread:
- 1 can Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans; drained
- 1/2 cup prepared cream horseradish sauce
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 2 tbs. white Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Remove beef tenderloin from refrigerator one hour before you begin cooking.
- Pat dry and rub tenderloin with steak seasoning; place in a small roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes on high heat.
- Reduce heat to 325°F and continue to bake for an additional 25-30 minutes (for medium-rare). Meat thermometer should reach 130° (cook for 10 minutes longer if you prefer medium-well meat). Allow to rest for 20 minutes before slicing thin for the sandwiches.
- To make spread, place all ingredients in a food processor and process until just smooth.
- To assemble sandwiches, warm rolls and spread the bottom with barbecue sauce then scatter with greens, if using. Pile high with sliced beef and spoon Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Bean horseradish sauce onto meat; top with second half of roll.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes +
*If you cannot find white Worcestershire sauce in your area (sometimes labeled White Wine Worcestershire), use regular Worcestershire sauce.
*You will have left-over butter bean spread to enjoy later; keeps well in refrigerator (tightly covered) for 5 days.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.