Low Sugar Cranberry & Apple Compote
- 8 oz. (from a 12 oz. bag) fresh cranberries
- juice & zest from 1 tangerine
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Fried Apples
- 1/2 cup Splenda® baking blend
- 1 cinnamon stick (broken in half)
- 1/3 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- Place cranberries and tangerine juice/zest in a medium sauce pan and cook on low for 10 minutes until cranberries start to pop.
- Smash cranberries with a potato masher, leaving some chunks.
- Stir in Glory Foods Fried Apples, Splenda®, cinnamon stick and nutmeg; cook an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat (discarding cinnamon stick), and stir in golden raisins before plating and serving.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.