1 pkg. Glory Foods® Cornbread Mix, prepared
3 cups Vegetable oil
16 oz. Oysters, shucked, with liquid preserved
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/2 cup Flour
2 13.75 oz. cans Chicken broth
2 cups Onion, diced 1/8"
2 ea. Green bell pepper, diced 1/4"
2 ea. Eggs
2 tsp. Poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small pot, heat 3 cups of oil. Sprinkle the oysters with salt and pepper, coat with flour and fry until dark golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
Boil onion, celery and green bell pepper in chicken broth until tender.
In a large mixing bowl, crumble the cornbread and sprinkle with seasonings. Add the eggs and oyster liquid and mix thoroughly. Pour the chicken broth with vegetables into the bread mixture and blend. Chop the oysters in large chunks and fold into the dressing.
Place entire mixture into a 8" x 11 1/2" x 2" glass casserole dish and bake about an hour or until dressing is firm, but not dry.
More Dips & Sauces Ideas!
- Veggie Green Dip
- Glory Foods "No Cook" BBQ Meat Gravy
- Smoked Beans Watermelon Salsa
- Avocado Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Quick Chicken Gravy
- Sensibly Seasoned Southern Caviar Dip
- Spinach and Crab Dip
- Bloody Mary Mix
- Blackeye Peas and Mango Salsa
- Shrimp Boat
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Roasted Vegetable Sour Cream Dip
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Chicken Cream Gravy
- Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Savory Seasoning Butter (Margarine)
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Basic Gravy
- Glorious Cocktail Sauce
- Fat-Free Spicy Clam Dip
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Lemon Herb Marinade
- Fiesta Bean Dip
- Sensibly Seasoned Black Bean Hummus
- Seasoned Cooking Base - Vegetable Vinaigrette Dressing
- Refried Bean and Chorizo Dip
- Glorious Oyster Dressing
- Spicy Vidalia Hot Sauce Dip
- Hot Wings Sauce
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.