Honey Carrot Bread
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cup sugar, granulated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 orange rind grated and juice
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Honey Carrots
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease two 9" x 5" x 3" in. glass or nonstick metal loaf pans.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Cream the shortening and the sugar in a mixer with a paddle until light and fluffy. With the mixer running, add the eggs, one at a time, and continue mixing until combined.
- Combine the orange zest, juice, Glory Foods Honey Carrots and the liquid, raisins, and walnuts.
- Add carrot mixture to the sugar egg mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until everything is moistened.
- Divide the finished dough between the two prepared loaf pans.
Lower the oven temperature to 325°F and bake for 40-50 minutes. When fully baked, an inserted toothpick or wood skewer should come out clean.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.