Serves: 18 (9 per pan)
4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1-1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup vegetable shortening
2 cup sugar, granulated
2 eggs, large
1 orange rind grated and juice
1 can (15 oz) Glory Foods® Honey Carrots
1-1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 9" x 5" x 3" inch glass or nonstick metal loaf pans.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt all together and set aside.
- Cream the shortening and the sugar in a mixer with a paddle until light and fluffy. With the mixer running, add the eggs, one at a time, and continue mixing until combined.
- Combine the orange zest, juice, honey carrots and the liquid, raisins, and walnuts, and add to the sugar egg mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until everything is moistened.
- Divide the finished dough between the two prepared loaf pans.
Lower the oven temperature to 325 and bake for 40-50 minutes. Insert a toothpick or wood skewer into the center of the loaves. When fully baked, the toothpick or wood skewer should come out clean.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.