Fried Apple Dutch Crumb Pie
Serves: 6 slices
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell; defrosted
- 2 (14.5 oz.) Glory Foods fried apples; drained
- 1 (16 oz.) can apple pie filling
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tbs. flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Heat oven to 420°F.
- Bake pie shell for 4-5 minutes until the bottom is slightly brown. Remove pie shell and reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together Glory Foods Fried Apples, pie filling and raisins; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using your fingers, work the butter into the flour, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice to achieve a coarse meal, then work in the pecans.
- Fill the cooled pie shell with the apple mixture then crumble the butter/flour mixture over the apples. Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 45 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.