Caramel Apple Upside Down Cupcakes
- 1 (18.25 oz.) box yellow cake mix
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 (14.25 oz.) cans Glory Foods Fried Apples, drained
24 Paper muffin cup liners
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the yellow cake according to package directions and set aside.
- Line two sets of muffin tins with paper liners and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix melted butter and brown sugar together. Place a full tablespoon of butter and brown sugar mixture into each paper muffin cup liner and spread so it covers the bottom of the liner.
- Place 2 to 3 apple slices in each muffin liner on top of the brown sugar mixture.
- Fill each cup to the top with yellow cake batter.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove pans from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn muffin tin over on to a parchment paper-lined tray or other nonstick surface. Remove the muffin paper from the individual cupcakes while warm.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.