Apple Citrus Bread
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Fried Apples, drained (liquid reserved)
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
1/2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease two 9" x 5" x 3" glass or nonstick metal loaf pans.
- Drain the Glory Foods Fried Apples reserving the liquid, and cut individual apple slices in half.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Cream the shortening and sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy. With the mixer running, add the eggs (one at a time) and continue mixing until combined.
- Combine the orange zest, fried apples and juice, raisins and walnuts, and add to the sugar egg mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until everything is moistened.
- Divide the finished dough between the two prepared loaf pans, and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.