- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 yellow Serrano pepper; seeded and minced
- 4 links tofu sausage (such as Tofurkey); sliced into circles
- 1 cup butternut squash pasta sauce*
- 1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. chili seasoning
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Skillet Corn
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Great Northern Beans; drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Pinto Beans; drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth (more if you like a thinner chili)
- 2-3 dashes Glory Hot Sauce
- In a large, heavy saucepan, heat oil to medium.
- Add onion and yellow Serrano pepper; sauté 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add tofu sausage, pasta sauce, lemon juice and chili seasoning. Stir well then add Glory Foods Skillet Corn, Great Northern Beans and Pinto Beans.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a slight boil, then immediately turn heat to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes then add Glory Foods Hot Sauce to taste.
- Garnish with yellow tomato - seeded and diced, white cheddar cheese, grated avocado, diced corn bread, if desired.
*If you cannot find butternut squash pasta sauce you can use 4 (4 oz.) jars of pureed squash baby food. Baby food makes a natural and flavorful thickener.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.