Sweet Potato & Yellow Lentil Soup
- 1-1/2 cups yellow lentils; soaked (in enough water to cover) for 90 minutes
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 small carrot, diced very small
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. yellow curry paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (from a 15 oz. can) Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1 heaping tbs. freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt free seasoning
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion, carrot, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes and curry paste. Sauté on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in rinsed lentils; simmer for 20 minutes until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in vegetable broth and Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt free seasoning before serving.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.