Southern Vegetarian Chili
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion; diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper; seeded and diced
- 2 carrots; peeled and diced small
- 1 small red bell pepper; seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper; seeded and diced
- 1 (12 oz.) box Vegetarian Smart Ground (also known as vegetarian crumble)
- 2 tsp. chili seasoning
- 2 cups vegetable juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Red Beans; rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Pinto Beans; rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Add onion, jalapeño, carrots, red pepper and green pepper. Sauté on low for 10 minutes then stir in vegetarian crumble and chili seasoning; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in Glory Foods Seasoned Red Beans and Pinto Beans, and crushed tomatoes. Simmer on very low for 30 minutes then stir in lemon juice.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.