Ham Soup with Butter Beans, Green Beans & Carrots
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced into thin half moons
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 ham bone (with some meat attached)
- cold water to cover ham bone
- 1 1/2 cups diced (leftover) ham
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans, drained
- 1 (27 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Green Beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Honey Carrots, drained
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Glory Foods Hot Sauce to taste
- Heat oil in a large, heavy stock pot or Dutch oven. Add onion and celery; sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and vegetable broth; continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add ham bone and just cover with cold water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer on low for 4 hours (stirring occasionally).
- Remove bone and shred meat (discarding bone and adding meat to soup).
- Stir in ham chunks, Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans, Green Beans and Honey Carrots. Continue to simmer for 30 minutes then stir in parsley and lemon juice.
- Add Glory Foods Hot Sauce to taste.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.